After a long and highly fought campaign, President-elect Trump will take office on January 20, 2017. Your support or opposition is no longer a major factor. What matters now is what you do next.
First, be informed. You can’t prepare for anything if you have no idea what’s coming next. Try to leverage different media outlets for information on what Donald Trump’s first 100 days in office might look like. Once you have an understanding of the changes that are to take place, prepare yourself for a new era in US history with the following 5 tips.
1. Get your housekeeping details in order. How? Well, understand financial planning and wealth creation. It’s a boring topic for most but one of the most essential life skills you must master if you want financial freedom. I highly suggest learning via tv shows. Try to spend better by getting perks for buying life’s everyday essentials and Save better by using sites that help you amplify your income. Finally, protect what matters to you with legal coverage of your life and health insurance.
2. Be indispensable with e-learning. Unfortunately for most, layoffs are now a common practice. Gone are the days where a person can stay at a company for years and expect stability. As a result, people must strengthen their careers and value proposition with expertise, achievements and critical thinking skills. You can enhance your educational expertise with the top 100 Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) or the most popular courses of all time. There are several platforms that pride themselves in being the e-learning platform for jobs of the future like Udacity and Coursera or skill based platforms like SkillShare and Udemy. To inspire your learning, try to decode the lives of successful people: via podcasts, “tell all” articles and more.
3. Become a thought leader. Everyone has knowledge to share or unique insights and opinions. Start putting your thoughts out there by leveraging the tools to make your expertise known. First, get your own website and publish your thoughts with weekly to monthly blog posts. Copy these posts on amplifier platforms such as LinkedIn Push, Medium, Slideshare. Use social media to share your thoughts with other networks.
4. Monetize your skills and knowledge. Digital learning is at an all time high so teaching what you know online is a must. Make money with affiliate links via blogging. Offer free to cheap webinars with the use of GoogleHangout, Zoom, and GotoWebinar. Host events at your local library or restaurant with Eventbrite. Condense top insights and information on any topic with 5-50 page e-books and sell these insights on top sites like Shopify and Amazon. Feel free to download the webinar on “How to Build and Monetize Your Brand in 30 Days” to help you with this endeavor.
5. Be an entrepreneur. Owning your own consulting business, startup or service company is perhaps the ultimate form of independence. Whether you build a company on the side or go full time, there are ways to leverage top free perks and tax breaks as an entrepreneur. Feel free to download “How to Launch & Scale Your Startup in 6 Months” to get top strategies that you can implement in 2017.
In all, these top 5 tips are to encourage independence via entrepreneurship and empowerment via automated learning. If you have other ideas, feel free to share in the comments section.